Gluten Free Gram Flour 1KG
Doves Farm Gluten Free Gram Flour 1KG
Made without: nuts, milk, casein, eggs, gluten, soya
Vegetarian & Vegan
Tip: use 1 Tbsp gram flour mixed with enough cold water to form a smooth paste in place of one egg in Vegan recipes.
Try our recipe for Socca - Mediterranean Pancakes below.
List of Ingredients:
Chana Dhall (type of small chickpea)
Carbohydrate: 60g, of which Sugars: 2.8g
Fat: 5g, of which Saturates: 0.5g
Socca - Mediterranean Chickpea Pancakes
Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-free
130g Gram Flour (Chickpea, Garbanzo or Besan)
260ml Water at room temperature
1½ Tbsp Organic Olive Oil
¾ tsp Fine Sea Salt & pinch Black Pepper.
1-2 tsps Finely chopped fresh Rosemary, Oregano or Thyme (optional)
Rapeseed oil or other frying oil (not Olive)
- Sift the Flour into a bowl & mix through the Salt, pepper & herb if using.
- Make a well in the dry mix and add half the water. Whisk well, then add the rest of water & Olive oil, mix and rest batter for 30-60 mins
- Using a cast-iron skillet, over medium-high heat
- Add 1 Tbsp rapeseed oil and heat until a small drop of the batter sizzles
- Cook for about 2 mins each side for soft flexible pancake, or 3 minutes for crispier finish. You can cook first side in the pan and then finish under the grill if you like the top browned.
Alternatively, you can preheat oven to 220C, heat 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a 10" tin until very hot, add the batter and cook in the oven for about 8 minutes, then finish under the grill.
We Also Recommend